Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School!

Well, we made it through our first day of homeschooling!  We had a filled day and were finished aroung 11:45!  Not bad, but I know it will only get tougher as we are pretty much reviewing right now.  So far I have planned for our days to go like this (as often as possible).

7:00-Rise and Shine!
Between 7:00 and 9:00 the boys have to get up, eat breakfast and have scripture study, brush their teeth, get dressed, and do their chores.  I love starting the morning with a tidy house :)
9:00-School Starts!
    Pledge of Allegiance
    Stretching
     Calendar
     Singing
     Prayer
Then we did 20 minute increments of learning.  He picked which subject he wanted to do first and then when he completed the assignment he took a 15-20 minute break.  This allowed me to feed baby girl and entertain little brother.  During his breaks he either played with his toys, read a book or did a puzzle.  One of his breaks we had some outside time (the mosquitoes were TERRIBLE!).  We had a snack around 10:30.  Today we had smoothies.

12:00-Lunch
After lunch we spent some time picking out his "research topics" I will talk about that another time and we reviewed his Primary Songs.  He seems very happy and excited about the year.  He keeps thinking of fun ideas for us to do and learn.  He also keeps asking me what else we are going to learn.  I am very grateful that he is eager to learn.  Now, just to convince him that he doesn't know everything!

I know that today was only our first day, but I am feeling confident.  Confident in myself and that my Heavenly Father is guiding me through this and he has placed wonderful people in my path to encourage me and help me.  Tonight is Eric's first tumbling class of the season.  He is not very fond of this whole "evening classes" thing, but he will get the hang of it.

My 1st Grader!

No comments:

Post a Comment